Robina 7 Day Doctors and Acupuncture recommends this video:
The change in hormone levels during the perimenopause and menopause, particularly the decline in levels of oestrogen, can cause acute menopausal symptoms. For example, about 70% of women will experience vasomotor symptoms, such as hot flushes and night sweats . Women also report vaginal dryness and psychological symptoms, including tiredness, sleep disturbances, mood swings, forgetfulness and loss of libido. There is also a tendency to gain weight.
HOW ACUPUNCTURE HELPS
Acupuncture may help reduce symptoms of the menopause and perimenopause by:
- regulating serum estradiol, follicle stimulating hormone and luteotrophic hormone.
- increasing relaxation and reducing tension . Acupuncture can alter the brain’s mood chemistry, increasing serotonin levels and increasing endorphins. This can help to combat negative affective states.
- stimulating nerves located in muscles and other tissues, which leads to release of endorphins and other neurohumoral factors.
- Stimulating oestrogen receptors on the hypothalamus to reduce hot flushes.
- Stimulating release of Melatonin to improve sleep.
- Reduce cravings to reduce weight gain.
Acupuncture works on different pathways
The pathways which acupuncture uses are myriad, and in any 1 person or medical condition the pathways will be different, so we urge people to try treatment at least 6 times for their condition before evaluating. The outcomes for different conditions and different people makes it impossible to predict how any one person will respond.
our Facebook link:
back to homepage: www.doctorbulkbill.com.au