ROBINA 7 DAY DOCTORS : Serving the Gold Coast community, offering:
1. General Practice 7 Days a week including check up and immunisations, note: Child vaccinations given only on Tuesdays, please book.
2. Acupuncture Bulk Billing 7 Days a week for many conditions-see further information.
3. QML Pathology service 5 Days a week, 7:00am-12:00pm Mon -Fri.
4. Allied health for booking ; Psychologist, hypnotherapist, Dietitian
5. Position statement on responding to patient requests for tests not considered clinically appropriate.
GPs occasionally receive requests from patients to order specific medical imaging or pathology tests that may or may not be appropriate in the management of the patient. Test requests arise from a variety of sources. Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) practitioners ( Naturopaths ) might advise patients that they can avoid paying for specific tests if they ask a GP to order them through Medicare.
The RACGP has guidelines on how tests and investigations should be managed appropriately: https://www.racgp.org.au/download/Documents/Policies/Clinical/Patient-information-on-appropriate-diagnostic-testing.pdf
Blood testing can be ordered by Naturopaths through most pathology labs, a reference list can be seen here: https://www.labtestsonline.org.au/
Here is a web site with recommendations on which tests are appropriate with the pros and cons discussed; http://www.choosingwisely.org.au/recommendations?displayby=MedicalTest